posted to rec.boats.building
Jim Conlin Jim Conlin is offline

Default West System mini pumps .. ???

An old fridge is good for this, too.

"Bill Kreamer" wrote in message
news:lurDh.6490$lo1.4384@trndny05...
I just made an epoxy warming box. It maintains 78 degF in my unheated
hallway (0 at night 15 in the day). Dim's: 2'H x 1'W x 4'L; the walls are
1/4" ply w/ 1"x2" pieces at the corners, put together with short drywall
screws. I insulated the insides with 1" foil faced foam. There is a

single
centered inside shelf (1' off the floor). I cut (2) 4" x 8" holes of the
shelf, one near each end. I mounted a 50W bulb under the shelf hole at

the
left end, and isolated the bulb into its own little "room" by a mounting a
divider extending from the underside of the shelf downward, leaving a 4"
opening at the bottom for air flow. Natural convection circulates the
warmed air.

-Bill

"Jim Conlin" wrote in message
I try to keep my epoxy jugs at 70 degrees or better. The warmer it is,

the
easier it is to mix and the more quickly it wets out glass.
A heat lamp does the trick.

"surftom" wrote in message
oups.com...
Could be - I keep the epoxy in my basement and it's cool (but not
COLD) down there

On Feb 20, 6:53 pm, "Jim Conlin" wrote:
I find that 'burping' epoxy pumps are related to the resin being too

cold.

"surftom" wrote in message

ups.com...

I sometimes find that they seem to have air caught in them. Pump
down.
- cover the nozzle tip with finger then slowly release the pump
plunger - repeat if necessary - usually work in 1 to 2 tries and
pumps
normally after that.
I find that the need this treatement after sitting around for a

long
time

On Feb 18, 11:50 am, "NE Sailboat" wrote:
I bought West System mini pump at West Marine last spring. Now

??

Can't get them to pump.

Any thoughts? Anyone else have problems with these overpriced

mini
pumps