capt.bill11 capt.bill11 is offline
Member

Default Singlehanding VI to Key West

On Feb 22, 5:19 pm, wrote:
I am planning on singlehanding from the Virgins to Key West via the
Old Bahama Channel. I am concerned about places to anchor and rest on
the trip to be sufficiently alert for traffic and narrow channels. I
do not want to clear in DR or Bahamas to save money and time. Anyone
have any recent experiences with this? Fly the Q or just keep a low
profile. Great Inagua is right on the track, but a port of
entry...so potentially a problem. what to do. TIA for replies, Larry

Well, if I was to try this, I would certainly not fly the Q flag
(duh!). I'd fly the proper country's courtesy flag, keep a low profile
and never touch land.