Jack Dale Jack Dale is offline

Default Lazy Jack vs Dutchman Sail Flaking System

The comments on lazy jacks and the Dutchman are excellent.

furling mains
They do jam at the worst times.
I had one start to come out of the grove, which meant I could not unfurl the
whole sail.
Because battens cannnot be used, the roach is nil is negative. On boats
with high roach mains, like Hunters, roller furling takes out a huge sail
area.

Jack

Jack Dale
ISPA Yachtmaster Offshore Instructor
CYA Advanced Cruising Instructor
Director, Swiftsure Sailing Academy
http://www.swiftsuresailing.com

wrote in message
news
I am not sure which is better the Dutchman or Lazy jack Sail Flaking
Systems.
Other prefer to have in the mast main fuller for cruising.
I am looking at this new boat and cannot make up my mind which system to
get.
I wonder if someone can offer some comments based on their own experience.
TIA