krj krj is offline

Default Something-ville Virginia??

dt wrote:
Dan Best wrote:

dt wrote:

What's the purpose of claiming a home port that's not "home"?

As far as the Coast Guard cares about, the HomePort+BoatName just has
to be unique. For Instance, they've probably got a thousand boats
named Destiny, but each one has a different home port.

We chose to register our boat with the home port of San Francisco,
even though we lived 70 miles north of there and the boat was moored
in Bodega Bay simply because as we traveled to various places around
the world, everyone would recognize San Francisco, but how many would
have heard of either Bodega Bay or Healdsburg, let alone know where
they might be?

- Dan Best

Bodega Bay? How could anybody *not* recognize Bodega Bay, after poor
Tippi Hedrin had all that trouble there? ;-)

And by the way, Dan, do you have any idea what these plants are?
http://snipurl.com/1azj2

thanks,

Dale

Your comments are strictly for the birds