Default The most important food to take is...

"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..

"Don White" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..
snip..
I am just about at the end of the diet phase of my program. For the
first time in 37 years I am under 200 lbs. I've got about 5-6 more
pounds to go, then I'll just focus on the exercise.

Eisboch

Congratulations..that's quite a feat, especially in the winter when we
tend to spend more time indoors hiding from the cold.

Thanks. I am pleased with the results of the efforts. The weight lifting
and cardiovascular workouts are very rewarding in terms of physical
condition.
Now that I am very close to the final goal, I'll admit to the total amount
of weight lost
so far ..... 60 pounds.

I also learned a lot about diet and exercise. Much of the conventional
wisdom is being disproved and a lot of the commercial hype is myth.

Eisboch

For what it's worth, my doctor was OK with my odd exercise regimen. I can't
stand exercise machines. Boring. So, I was reading a book about Army
Airborne soldiers, which said that as part of their training, they run with
close to their own weight on their backs. (I'd like to see the backpack that
can handle 175 lbs plus). Anyway, I have these two hills near my house.
They're the type where your vehicle either drops into first gear, or you
come to a stop. :-) So, back in December, I loaded up a backpack with a 30
lb bag of cat litter and attacked both hills, as well as some moderately
sloped terrain for the rest of a 5 mile walk. I added 20 lbs of barbell
weights 3 weeks ago.

Biggest difference: abdomen. I'm not overweight, but things are relocating.
Goal: Stop that trend. It's working.