William G. Andersen

Default Boat insurance without a survey?

It probably depends upon the kind of insurance you're getting.
Many of us with trailer boats only have liability protection for damage we
cause to another boat, medical protection for injuries we cause to other
people, and loss insurance for the boat. These policies don't normally
provide for rescue, salvage, repair to our own boat.

"Curtis CCR" wrote in message
m...
steve wrote in message

. ..
Is it possible to get boat insurance without getting the boat
surveyed?

Yes. Depends on the boat as to whether you may even be asked for one.
If you are talking about a trailered boat, they likely wouldn't ask
for one. The two companies I have used for mine only asked for a
couple of photos for their file.

On a larger boat, they *may* want a recent survey. On my cruiser, I
gave them a copy of the survey I used when I bought it three years
ago. They have not asked for another one since.