Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default The most important food to take is...

m...

Bet 'cha didn't know this:

"Butter (Boston)lettuce contains lactucarium which has effects similar to
those of opium. Because of its sedative properties, it is recommended for
treating insomnia, intestinal spasms and palpitations. It is said that the
emperor Domitian "tortured" his guests at banquets by serving them a head
of lettuce at the beginning of the meal. Not allowed to nod off in front
of his imperial majesty, they were forced to fight off their sleepiness
for hours."

Fiendishly clever that Domitian dude.

You're right. I didn't know that. I've been eating it as I described
probably 3 or 4 times a week.
It seems to kill the "hungries" and is quite tasty.

I am just about at the end of the diet phase of my program. For the first
time in 37 years I am under 200 lbs. I've got about 5-6 more pounds to go,
then I'll just focus on the exercise.

Eisboch