Keith Keith is offline

Default Venice, FL bad water cop

New information from a local the
____________________________
As I longtime active boater in Venice I would like to clarify some
issues
regarding water cops. We have at least 3 different water enforcement
organizations, Venice Police, Sarasota County Sheriff, and Florida
Fish and
Wildlife Conservation Commission. The unfortunate enforcement
experiences
some of you have experienced are from Tom Erickson of FFWCC and not
from the
VPD. I have personally discussed with the marine officer of VPD as we
are
working together on a harbor management plan for Venice. The city of
Venice
is looking for ways to improve our relationship with cruisers and make
Venice more of a destination. Unfortunately we do not have any
control over
county or state law enforcement officials.
Let the letter writing begin!