posted to rec.boats.building
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default not exactly a boat, but a big water tank - how to seal seams

wrote:

That sounds good Lew. I was planning on using the basic no-blush epoxy
from this company -
http://www.epoxyproducts.com/1_marineresins.html

I assume this pretty similar to the "tank resin" that you're talking
about.

Don't have a clue about the above; however, there is a BIG difference
between laminating resin and tank resin.

Laminating resin contains NO VOC's and tank resin which is approved by
USGov't for tank interiors, does contain VOC's.

BTW, just looked at the size of your tank again.

I'd use 4x8x1/2 CDX plywood for core material.

Get a bag of micro-balloons to make putty to fill exterior voids in
plywood.

If you don't have one, buy a 4" right angle sander and lots of 24 grit
disks. You are going to need them.

You are going to need a staging area where you can build those 4x4x12
plywood panels.

Assume you realize that in addition to at least a month of your time,
expect to spend about $1,000.00 for materials.

Depending on where you live, might be able to suggest some suppliers,
if that would help.

Lew