posted to rec.boats.building
[email protected] williamcox@gmail.com is offline

Default not exactly a boat, but a big water tank - how to seal seams

Hi all,

I'm building a large water tank (4' x 4' x 12') out of plywood and
fiberglass (wood outside, fiberglass inside). I was wondering if
anyone had some advice about how to seal the seams of the tank - like
where the walls meet the floor. I was thinking of taking some 2" wide
fiberglass tape and putting that on the seams, but I wasn't sure if
this was a good idea or not.

I was also planning on putting 2 or 3 penetrating layers of epoxy and
then 2 coats of fiberglass/epoxy on top of that.

It's pretty much the exact opposite of a boat - I want to keep the
water inside

I'd appreciate any help you can offer.
-William