John Smith

Default BAYLINER BASHERS..

Steven,
Basskisser's loves to take a stand and continue to believe it even when you
provide proof that he is wrong. I loved his strong position concerning
whiskey and schnapps even when his own link showed that the key component of
whiskey was that it needed to be aged in oak casts.

I can now see BassK stating that your link is incorrect because it is used
for medical purposes and not to be used on a boat.

Here is a link showing the benefits of Gore-Tex sewing thread on a boat
cover or awning. "We know that GORE-TEX® sewing thread never fails due to
exposure to the environment. We back up that claim with a full lifetime
warranty. If the seams on your boat cover or awning fail before the end of
the usual life of the fabric, we'll pay for the repair work."

http://www.americana.com/fabricawnings/goretex.htm

"Steven Shelikoff" wrote in message
On 3 Jun 2004 05:21:38 -0700, (basskisser) wrote:

"Paul Schilter" paulschilter@comcast,dot,net wrote in message

basskisser,
See,
http://www.gore.com/creative/tanara.html , I would think it's
using
gore-tex thread to stitch a cushion together as opposed to say nylon

thread.
Paul

Nowhere on that site, NOWHERE is there a mention of Gore-Tex, a
fabric, go to THEIR website, not some generic drivel, and look around,
here is the link:

http://www.gore-tex.com

Actually, there is mention of gore-tex thread on thier website. You
just didn't look hard enough.

Here are links of people using gore-tex thread:

http://www.kron4.com/Global/story.asp?S=1511515

"The gore-tex thread, which looks like dental floss, is run up the check
then attached on the side of the head."

http://www.nordstromhospital.fi/eLips.htm

"Gore-tex thread is soft and elastic and around 1,8 mm in diameter."

http://www.perineology.com/files/vag_tape2.htm

"Then, with a constant visual control, stitches of Gore-Tex® threads set
on a small but strong needle are passed, right and left, through the
outer parts of the arcuate ligament."

Now, if you want to find it on their webside, go to
http://www.gore-tex.com and click on the link at the bottom, Medical
Products. Then click on one of the products links, general should be
fine. Near the bottom you'll find a line for gore-tex suture that will
lead you to:

http://www.goremedical.com/English/P...ture/Index.htm

Steve