posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Dangerous Jobs

On Feb 19, 8:59 pm, Mundo wrote:
On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 21:56:20 -0500, katy wrote
(in article ):

Mundo wrote:
On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 21:24:09 -0500, katy wrote
(in article ):

I eat lots of blue crab...crab cakes...she crab soup,
yadaydadadada...they're

good..but they're LITTLE...Dungenesse is BIG....I like BIG.....don't care
so
much for King Crab, though...I like lobster, too...and shrimp...eat lots
of
them..there's a guy who parks his truck in an empty drive just down the
street and sells fresh...and I ain't no dang Yankee no more...besides
that,
my maternal grandpappy's family came from right around these parts..all
the
way back to 1650 I've got it traced...so I just came home is all...

This summer I ate at a restaurant in Seattle called Elliott's. They where
bringing in daily, some sort of crab that had a very short opening. That is
what I had along with a selection of farmed and wild oysters. Also for the
oysters instead of the east coast cocktail or tarter was a sorbet of
champagne and other spices. I would love to know the recipe for that.

THis one would be worth buying an ice cream maker...and you can use
strawberries instead of the peaches...I think the peach would go well
with something like flounder or orange roughy..
Peach and Champagne Sorbet

Ingredients
1-1/2 pounds peaches
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
3/4 cup Champagne
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Instructions
Put the peaches in a large saucepan and cover them with boiling water.
Cook for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. Peel the peaches;
halve them and remove the pits. Transfer the peaches to a food processor
and coarsely puree. Pour into a medium bowl. In a medium nonreactive
saucepan bring the sugar and 1/2 cup of water to a boil over moderately
high heat. Add 2 teaspoons of the lemon zest and let simmer about 3
minutes. Remove from the heat and set the syrup aside for about 10 minutes.

Strain the syrup into the peach puree and blend well. Add the Champagne,
the lemon juice and the remaining 1 teaspoon lemon zest. Stir Well.
Refrigerate until chilled. Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze
according to the manufacturer's instructions.

Yield: about 1 quart

They describe it in the second paragraph. This sorbet is for the oysters....
It has a little zing.http://www.tomhoran.com/022.php

--
Mundo, The Captain who is a bully and an ass- Hide quoted text -

Oysters....my favorite

http://www.emerils.com/recipes/categ...petizer/o.html

Joe