Larry Larry is offline

Default tide clock

"Shaun Van Poecke" wrote in
:

you think the clock really is a special clock that works on the lunar
cycle?

No, just that its timing crystal is a different frequency, which makes it
run on the lunar cycle, not the solar cycle.

http://www.klockit.com/products/prod...sku=BBBHH&tab=
$10 (movement only) or $11.35 with nice dial and hands.

I buy movements for quartz and grandfather clocks from Klockit.com all
the time.....BUT, they DO sell your information to the rest of the planet
so be prepared to be mailspammed to death by the craziest places, even if
you tell 'em not to. You're forewarned. I let them do business with my
home address, which is the junk mail box, and have a PO Box for regular
business.

When I get bored with the clocks I restore....or more often run out of
wall space (c;....I give them away to friends and customers as gifts. I
have fun repairing old electrically-would balance wheel wall clocks noone
wants to fool with. I can hear 8 ticking away as I type this...(c;
There's also a tiny hum coming out of an old Sunbeam tuning fork
clock...no, wait...that's coming from the Accutron tuning fork wrist
watch on my wrist, today...thrift shop - $2.99 as-is...(c;

Get a nice movement with the nice dial. Put it in an old clock case. My
tide clock was one of those porthole brass mirrors someone gave me. The
clock face was a little smaller than the porthole, so I had a glass shop
put the hole in the middle of the mirror for the clock shaft and left
mirror showing all the way around the clock dial. Looks very nautical
with its porthole dogs that open so I can replace the AA battery and
reset it when the tides drift away from the clock setting.

It's really noisy here every hour and moderately noisy every 15 minutes
with all the bells/gongs/electronic chimes going off simultaneously....
(c; I'm currently regulating a "German Time Bomb", as the clockmakers
call it:
http://goto.glocalnet.net/matebia/Ma.../german-tb.htm
The local clockmaker said he wouldn't dare wind it!....adding some thrill
to owning it...(c;

Larry
--
Vista has been out a week.