NOYB

Default sales tax on used/new boat?

Florida will exempt the cost of the outboard motor *if* your bill of sale
itemizes the boat, motor, and trailer. If California is the same, then look
up the high retail of the outboard in NADA, and then back that price out of
the total price of the boat and trailer. If it's an I/O or inboard, you
can't do this.

"fishinfoo" wrote in message
Jim;
The DMV will charge you 7-3/4% - 8.25% of the "sales price" on the bill
of sale at the time of registration. Be ready!

bob

jim wrote:
hello,

anyone in CA know if I buy a used/new boat out of state, will DMV charge
me sales tax? Pretty substantial tax which affects my budget...thanks!

Jim