Keith Keith is offline

Default HEAD, for boat with no HEAD. Wag Bag question ..

On Feb 18, 9:17 pm, "Mark" wrote:

Therein lies the problem. I'm all for no discharge zones (with Pump-A-
Heads available), pilling, ticketing, et.al.

Do you even know what a "no discharge" zone is? Dumping raw sewage
within 3 miles of shore has been illegal for years. These "no
discharge" zones only mean that you can't use a type I or II unit,
which treats waste better than a municipal sewer plant before it
discharges it. What's the logic behind making a no discharge zone?
Instead of using a LectraSan, you have to put it in a holding tank and
pump it to a sewer plant, which won't treat it as well, and will dump
tons of raw sewage into the waterways every time there's a heavy rain.
That's one of the big problems with these "no discharge" zones... very
few people understand them or what they mean, much less the actualy
effects.