posted to rec.boats.building
[email protected] terry@terryking.us is offline

Default West System mini pumps .. ???

On Feb 19, 2:41 am, Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 16:50:51 GMT, "NE Sailboat" wrote:
I bought West System mini pump at West Marine last spring. Now ??

Can't get them to pump.

I don't think this is covered in the printed "Directions"...

I have had the West pumps for a decade. It is not uncommon for them to
work intermittently or not at all after a Winter in my barn in
Vermont. I have found that some resin seems to crystallize and block
the one-way valves, which are metal balls with a weak spring.

I take them apart as far as possible, flush with acetone and bang on
them a little, and they work fine again for another season...

Those are my suggested directions....

Regards, Terry King ...On The Mediterranean in Carthage