posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Another Hell Ship Maru / Blubber eating Japanese

"Mundo" wrote in message
. net...
On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 20:43:54 -0500, Capt. JG wrote
(in article ):

My point being that the mission of the GP boat was to disrupt the passage
of
the "research" vessel. Now I am not fond of the idea of killing whales
(unless they are gay, young, and christian) but these guys on the
"research"
boat are doing a job that some government condones and are in fact poor
working stiffs. If you want to stop whaling you must end the demand for
the
products....

--
Mundo, The Captain who is a bully and an ass

I agree that they were just working guys, but the argument could be made
that they are also responsible for the killing of the whales... I know, they
would just get fired if they refused, but that usually isn't a good defense.
I don't believe it's much of an issue any more, but I'm not that up on it.
Besides, I don't eat blubber. g

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com