Mark Mark is offline

Default HEAD, for boat with no HEAD. Wag Bag question ..

On Feb 14, 1:42 pm, Larry wrote:

Where did you see a figure about 6 billion sailors crapping over the side??
I'd think it nearer 20,000, tops, but only on Saturday.

Therein lies the problem. I'm all for no discharge zones (with Pump-A-
Heads available), pilling, ticketing, et.al. A crap or two is almost
not a problem, but look what happened to Avalon Bay. A *lot* of boats
in a non-flushing bay, with all merrily crapping away, is a public
health concern. It's like crapping behind the bushes in public parks.

Same goes for marinas in calm backbays. There might be 200 people in
the marina my boat's in, drinkin' barbecuin' and sunburnin', on a nice
day. If they were all and ****in' and crappin' overboard, it'd
literally stink on a calm day.

Peggie's assesment of the legalities of hangin' it over the side vs. a
"device" isn't the crux of the matter, don't be "discharging" in no
discharge zones. Just because it's unenforceable (BTW, what's done
with the toilet paper?) doesn't mean it's not good manners. One of
public health's greatest victories is our sanitation infrastructure;
let's not backslide.

Three miles out, fire away, and it's just not that big of a deal to
arrange to not crap in zones. There's shoreside facilities a row or
hoof nearby, or it's a transient situation. Not to start another
debate, but I think Lectro-San systems are OK too; it's ground up and
sterilized; better than most treatment plants in Mexico.

The million whales problem is a dodge, swimming around in *human*
waste makes one orders of magnitude more at risk for a serious disease
compared to fish poop (although high concentrations of that is a bit
icky too).