posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry Larry is offline

Default FT-857 vs 706 MkII ?

Bruce in Alaska wrote in news:bruceg-
:

May, or may not, be true, depending on the Radio Design. Type Acceptance
does NOT define the design, it only specifies the Stability.....

There's no oven in the M802. I have a high stab compensated xtal
oscillator in my Yaesu FT-990AC and FT-900 radios. Sync to WWV on 10 Mhz
drifts less than 2 hz in a year, even on the FT-900 in the car. I don't
think anyone uses xtal ovens any more. Solid state compensation works
wonderfully without loading down battery systems with heaters.

WSB-AM in Atlanta used to be about 2.2Hz low in freq on my FT-990AC....(c;

Sorry, I worked in government calibration labs from 1966 to 1988, even at
sea. Old habits are hard to break. If you see a Navy cal sticker that
says CNSYD Metrology Lab on it. Look for the 08 on the stamp...that was
me...(c;

Larry
--
Vista has been out a week.