posted to rec.boats.electronics
ottar ottar is offline

Default FT-857 vs 706 MkII ?

Well, I got a rig for my boat last winter and settled with the Yaesu 857D.
It seemed to consume less power in listening mode and also coverd 70 cm.

Unfortunately, The Linux HamLib looks a bit aplha...

Steve wrote:

Is there anything to choose between these two sets for use on a boat
on both ham and marine bands (after appropriate doctoring) ? I am
inclining to the Yaesu, but largely because my main set in the FT-897
and I like it.

I am a bit surprised by the advice to add an SSB filter and DSP to the
Yaesu, that adds a lot to the price. How do the base sets compare?

Thanks