Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Single Handed Anchoring off the bow

Anchoring, being one of those things best done slowly and delibertly, is one
of the easiest single handed maneuvers. When I read posts about how to
avoid rushing around and minimizing risk it makes me think the issue is one
of the overall approach to single handing and vessel management and not of
dealing with ground tackle.

Getting the anchor up under sail in a tight anchorage is a bit more
difficult but not much.

Slow down, plan ahead, be able to anticipate how your vessel will act, and
you'll be surprised how easy everything is.

--
Roger Long