posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy katy is offline

Default Hearing on global warming cancelled due to cold.

Dave wrote:
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 22:55:27 GMT, "Maxprop" said:

Has nothing to do with politics. It's just that with a very few exceptions
don't enjoy listening to much music composed after about 1900.

You don't enjoy Aaron Copeland? Or Samuel Barber??

They are among the exceptions, though I'll confess that Copeland is an
acquired taste. On the other hand my appreciation of Wagner is highly
selective.

Yah...I agree with you on that one...some off his stuff is....bad
music....but then again, some is very good....the Overture to the
Meistersinger of Nuremburg is lovely while other parts of the opera a
more than a yawn...same with the Ring Trilogy...for every good aria
there are 2 bad...one of my favorite 20th century classicists is
Alexander Borodin... I love the Polovetsian Dances and think there is
some really marvelous music in Prince Igor.