Paul Schilter

Default BAYLINER BASHERS..

CaptMP,
I checked Gore-Tex's web site, http://www.gore.com/creative/tanara.html
, it listed thread as one of their products. Gore-tex is a fabric, but it's
made from a thread, gore-tex thread.
Paul

"CaptMP" wrote in message

Said:"....replace
plastic through-hulls with bronze...and rewire with tinned copper
wiring...and restitch with doubled up Gore-tex stitching...and replace
rotted bulkhead walls with Starboard or Marine ply...and then you'd have

Sea-Ray not a Bayliner.

Well let's see here...
1) Plastic (actually nylon) fittings don't react electrically with

anything.
So no galvanic corrosion, etc.
2) My boat has Anchor brand tinned wiring..?
3)No such thing as GORE-TEX *STICHING* (doubled up or other wise..check

their
web site..it's a fabric, not a thread).
4)While MARINE grade plywood is nice (more laminations per inch of

thickness,
no voids) it's still wood, glued together with waterproof glue, just like
exterior grade ply, and will definitely rot! Could you name me a boat

that
uses "Starboard" (your term) for bulkhead wallls? With more proof then

your
word.
If SeaRay built the kind of WA Cuddy fishing boat I wanted (even though

they
also have Zamark rail fittings) I might have bought one. They don't, and

didn't.
Like my Trophy 2052 though!
Mike