RGrew176

Default Fuel saving tips

Make sure if running twins that they are in sync.

Find your boats sweet spot. On most planeing hulls idle speed is probably most
efficient but if I wanted to go that slow I would have purchased a sailboat.

On my boat for example the "sweet spot" is 3100 RPM with the drives trimmed
slightly up. This gets me, depending on conditions anywhere from 28 to 30 MPH
and a fuel burn of just under 11 GPH. Of course wind, load and currents can
affect this but these are my averages over 5 seasons of usage.

BTW, gasoline at my marina is $2.339 for 89 octane, on the street anywhere from
$1.999 to $2.299 for 87 octane. Not to shabby. Other marinas are charging from
$2.45 to $2.75 per gallon. My marina and the other marina in my harbor have
always been lower than the norm for some reason. Maybe that is why both are
full.