posted to rec.boats.electronics
Geoff Schultz Geoff Schultz is offline

Default Connecting my DVD RCA jacks to the Aux-In of the Stereo

"Bill Kearney" wkearney-99@hot-mail-com wrote in
t:

Any suggestions as to what I have to do to make this work?

Get a 12v DVD player. It's the inverter causing you the trouble. I'm
not at all confident that you'll be able to effectively eliminate it
on the boat. I've got a 12v player in our 348 Vista and it's great.
I actually use the AUX-in on the DVD player to daisy chain input from
an iPod.

That and you're likely to get better battery life using a 12v player
anyway. But if the player already uses an external power supply you
may be able to use a DC-to-DC transformer to adapt to whatever voltage
it needs. But if you want to just cut to the chase and get things
working I'd dump the AC/inverter setup and just get a player designed
for auto/rv/marine use.

-Bill Kearney

I've been through about 3-4 DC based DVD players and haven't found one that
compares to the AC based Sony that I settled on. The Sony plays everything
flawlessly. I'll work on it from the isolation standpoint. If the problem
is a ground loop, it seems that there's no reason to assume that the
isolation transformer won't solve it.

-- Geoff