Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Keys Boat Works, or, Pirates of the Caribbean (well, close, anyway)

In article ,
Larry wrote:

"NE Sailboat" wrote in

And as the taxes go up and up and the middle class disappears,
government continues to give out huge pensions, and keep on
spending.

Here's how bad it is: http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/ 8.724
Trillion dollars

"The National Debt has continued to increase an average of $1.57
billion per day since September 29, 2006!"

No one will listen when I say the root cause of American collapse is
the Federal Reserve Bankers! They have consumed the country and
stolen the gold. It's gone and cannot be recovered without bloody
revolution...just like every other time in history.

Guys and gals, I won't debate this subject, but offer that many of us
carry primary mortgages well in excess of our annual income, and that's
not generally considered a bad thing. (I admit that rec.boats.cruising
is atypical.)

The total national debt is a much smaller fraction of the US gross
income (GNP) than most of us carry personally. A slight difference of
dollar value would wipe that debt out, as occurred in the Clinton years.

--
Jere Lull
Xan's NEW Pages: http://web.mac.com/jerelull/iWeb/Xan/