Chuck Gould Chuck Gould is offline

Default JD Power on Engines......

On Feb 15, 9:49?am, Harry Krause wrote:

I still have an interest in boating. J.D. Powers is a for-pay rating
service and therefore b.s.- Hide quoted text -

While I share your opinion of JD Power, it's important to recognize
that such opinions are pretty subjective. We both know that the
results of even an honestly conducted satisfaction survey can be
heavily influenced by the way survey questions are phrased, and it's
no secret that JD Power's funding comes from the very companies and
organizations it claims to be objectively monitoring. Obviously,
something has to be for sale.

Many people, however, are impressed by JD Power. and would be
interested to know how the company rated various marine products. You
see references to these ratings appearing in the NG thoughout the
year. It's on topic for this group, and simply posting the results of
their latest "survey" here isn't an endorsement of JD Power or any
company listed in their report.