posted to rec.boats.electronics
Geoff Schultz Geoff Schultz is offline

Default Connecting my DVD RCA jacks to the Aux-In of the Stereo

Kees Verruijt wrote in news:45d41391$0$333
:

Geoff Schultz wrote:
The DVD only has RCA jack outputs. It plays fine through the TV but
when we try to play it through the Aux In on the stereo it just
generates a buzz. The TV has no audio outputs. I think that we have
some mis-matched impediances.

Buzzing indicates a ground loop. Mismatched impedance will manifest
itself as weak/loud/distorted sound.

Thanks for the pointer. In this case the DVD runs off of the inverter @
120V AC and the stereo runs off of 12V DC. Are you suggesting placing an
isolation transformer on the DVD player?

-- Geoff