[email protected] steelredcloud@yahoo.com is offline

Default Fixing "Flying Pig"

On Feb 14, 8:47 pm, "NE Sailboat" wrote:
You don't know what the f...k I know about waterfront property so don't
assume what you don't know.

As for the "lucky that it has .." bull****.

If we boaters would get off our collective asses and use some political
muscle maybe the government which is taking our money and propping up the
thieves who are living, and running businesses there would not get away with
the crap they are doing.

If the government is going to take our taxes, but then let greed take away
our marinas, or block us from the water .. why are we paying the taxes?

I swear; I am so sick of this country. I've never seen this nation so
F,,ked up. We are building power plants for Arabs who hate us, yet an
American in his sailboat runs aground and he is nothing but a target for an
unscrupulous marina?

Why are Americans dying in Iraq? For freedom? The American way? To make
the world a better place?

Well,,, what about right here. What about in the Florida Keys?

"Wayne.B" wrote in message

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 23:03:08 GMT, "NE Sailboat"
wrote:

For the good of mankind, and to keep me out of jail ... I hope I never
visit the $500 per week marina. Because if I do ..

You obviously have *no* idea what water front property in the Keys is
worth , or how much it costs to carry it.

All of us boaters are lucky that it has not yet been converted to
condos or a resort.- Hide quoted text -

Good Gravy. It's supply and demand. Here developers plop down 20
million for property thats on the Tax roll at 3.5 million. Then they
build 40 story condos. Don't like it... move. What do you want, Govt
cheese paid to your marina owner to keep it from becoming a resort for
rich snowbirds? Tearing up peoples property because you can not afford
to stay is pretty ****ty IMO.

If I were in Skip's position I would tell the insurance company to
take the boat now, and give me a check. I would argue that the boat
became a total loss on the reef, once the USCG lifted them off the
deck it belonged to the insurance company AS IS. Get a job, and a
lawyer... find another boat and start over a bit wiser.

Second option is to work your ass off screwing plywood over holes,
get the engine running and limp back up north on the ICW until he
finds a yard not in such demand that will allow him to live aboard as
he repairs the boat. Trucking the boats going be very expensive, i'd
guess 8-10K. We had scores of boats in worse condition limp here
(Houston) after Katrina & Rita for repairs.

Joe

I bet the Marina in the Key's deal with the issue of insurance boats
all the time. Work yards make money working, not storing boats.