Frogwatch Frogwatch is offline

Default Fixing "Flying Pig"

On Feb 15, 7:18 am, "NE Sailboat" wrote:
Hey Rick,,, something is missing in your posting ;;; where is the marina
that you are at that charges over $500 per week?

You wrote: "Where I am, $500 a week is cheap."

Well, where are you?
====================

"Rick B." wrote in message

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 03:01:53 GMT, "NE Sailboat"
wrote:

Well Rick ,, since you want to brag about the cost of being on the hard ..
where on the hard are you?

What marina? What harbor? What city? Tell us all the specifics. Come
on
Rick,, you can tell us. We won't tell anyone.

-------------
"Rick B." wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 23:03:08 GMT, "NE Sailboat"
wrote:

For the good of mankind, and to keep me out of jail ... I hope I never
visit the $500 per week marina. Because if I do ..

Where I am, $500 a week is cheap.

No bragging, just trying to offer a different POV. Skip's doing the
right thing, getting the boat out of there.

After looking at the pics, "Flying Pig" is just about gold plated by
comparison to anything I sail. Her electronics alone exceeds my
yearly cruising budget. The boat yard probably saw her and assumed
anybody with a boat like that has money to pay.
This is another reason to cruise cheap and spartan (although with a
good boat). When you have these sorts of probs the yards think you
CANNOT pay and are anxious to get rid of you. Thieves are also less
likely to take a second look at that boat with faded gelcoat and faded
sailcover compared to the one that seems to be covered with dollar
signs.
My boat is old and looks like hell even though her rigging is all
new. A coupla years ago I sailed into a marina in South Fl with my
son. We were dressed in diesel smelling tattered clothes and ratty
flip flops and asked for a long term slip. They gave me the price
thinking that would make me go away so when I pulled out that no-limit
AMEX card they prob thought i had stolen it. Then without haggling I
paid em to drop my mast to fix the VHF antenna and this recalibrated
their thinking. THEN, we went outside and waited for the city bus
instead of getting a cab (my son had never ridden a city bus filled
with real people). When we came back and sailed away a month later
they still hadn't gotten us pegged financially.