Calif Bill

Default What Spare Parts Do You Carry?

"Slambram" wrote in message
As with most here, I pride myself on being prepared so i'm hoping to
get a lot of good ideas on what spare parts i should be carrying.

For a '99 Crownline 225 with 350 Mag and BIII, i have in the boat

-fuel filter
-serpentine belt
-raw water pump impeller
-spare anchor light bulb

and for the trailer,
-bearings, races, rear seals
-split washers and castellated nut
-hub
-winch strap
-tire (of course)

I'd like to carry spare props, but Mercury $$ are all that's
available. I'd also like to carry some spare hoses and clamps and
will wait on some reposnses on what to get for my engine.

Thanks, -JZ

Oil, are spare sparkplug or 2. I have had them come apart in the boat.
Rust is not your friend. Spare bulbs for the trailer, better to convert to
LED assemblies. A VOM. Corrosion of electrical will stop you at times, so
the Volt meter is very handy. Better than a test light.