posted to rec.boats.building
Frogwatch Frogwatch is offline

Default Very small deck plates

On Feb 14, 7:19 pm, "Garland Gray II" wrote:
These aren't cheap (for this purpose), but if you really need something that
size, and such that you could sit on it w/o something poking you, get a
water fill (plastic if you can). You would need to wack off the hose barb,
but it would still protrude into the compartment and not allow full
draining. If it's threaded you want, it will probably be "proud" either
inside or outside

We once had a French catamaran that had two bungs (a 2 inch flanged hole
with a screw in plug), one over the other in the center cabin module that i
believe was used for lifting this module in the factory. So it really wasn't
a "drain plug" (although I used it as one) and may have been an industrial
item. The flange, and no more of the plug, was raised about 3/16". I have
never seen one any where else.

"Frogwatch" wrote in message

oups.com...

I am looking for very small (2-3") diameter plastic deck plates to put
on the sides of my miniCup sailboats to allow the side comparetments
to be drained if they somehow fill with water. I want something like
a deck plate that will be very low rise above the deck. (I used 4"
deck plates on forward and aft compartments). I cannot find them on
the net or in catalogues. any ideas?

I was actually going to do that with a water fill, the plastic type.
Then I took a good look at them and realized that even if I cut off
the hose barb they still will not allow drainage cuz the screw-in cap
goes down into the female part a ways.