Don W Don W is offline

Default Discoveries (was) Flying Pig Damage Assessment and update

Skip Gundlach wrote:

While they and the insurance company figure out what to do, the yard
bill clicks along at $500 a week just to sit still on the stands.

I'm beginning to consider a tow back to the yard where we were, as, if
this is to be saved, it nearly certainly won't be by the yard here
doing the work - I have little doubt the policy limits would be
exceeded very quickly, and besides, I expect the insurance company
will require firm quotes, which, to protect themselves, the yard will
make astronomical.

Where we were, we can be stored and worked on for less than 1/6 the
yard cost here. If it turns out to be many months, that's many
thousands difference in what will inevitably be out-of-pocket expenses
- which we currently have no concept of how to find.

And, at least up there, we have some "community" having worked on the
boat for the last three years there.

Skip,

You should strongly consider having the boat
trucked back to your original yard. I've got an
acquaintance here in Texas who has a truck and
special trailer for hauling sailboats. I was
quite surprised how inexpensive it would be to
have our 38' sailboat trucked the three hour drive
from the coast to Austin. Check around to see who
does it in Florida.

If they are charging you $500/week to sit on the
hard, I'd get that sucker out of there the day
after tomorrow!!

A month of that will pay the trucking costs to get
you back where you were, or to some other yard
that is reasonable.

If you don't want to go back to where you were,
here is a link to other Florida yards.

http://www.magicyellow.com/category/...-State_FL.html

Truck it out, get it on blocks somewhere
reasonable, and then figure out what else to do.

Good luck,

Don W.