Larry Larry is offline

Default HEAD, for boat with no HEAD. Wag Bag question ..

"NE Sailboat" wrote in

Larry ,, according the the REI, etc web sites that sell the bags; the
bag will decompose in 5 months. If this is wrong? Tell me.

That BAG decomposes in 5 months, probably true. But, alas, it doesn't
say what effect the decomposing bag has as it RELEASES the toxic chemical
slurry INSIDE the bag, do they? What chemicals are used in the bag?

Truth be told: I **** in a bucket and throw it near the big Hinkley
moored nearby. Hinkley and Stinkley sounds nice together.

Any sailor that tells you he doesn't pee over the side of the dock, in
the dark, when he hopes noone is looking (at least those not potential
mating partners) is a LIAR!

If you see me, don't look....not my type.

But the USCG will fine someone if they come on board and find a head
with direct discharge. So, trying to do the right thing without
spending a huge amount of money ... the whole holding tank idea is
so nuts on a small sailboat. With a large boat, there is room to
place the tank, the pump, the pump out, etc.

You are ALREADY doing the right thing! The regulations about holding
tanks and Y valves is for MOUNTED systems....permanently mounted heads
plumbed into the boat. The regs do NOT cover a Portapotti that is NOT
mounted into the boat in a permanent manner, a "portable device", whether
that's a rusty old bucket, a covered plastic bucket from Dunkin' Donuts
(works great, $1), or a "pretty" Portapottie/Sanipottie. If you have a
stern-mounted 1-holer hangin out over the ocean, that's not covered,
either....like old sailing ships had...(c;

Well, I WAS headed out for dinner at a Chinese buffet I like, but since
getting back on this thread I may have to wait a while until my stomach
stops churning....

Larry
--
VIRUS ALERT! VISTA has been released!