Chuck Gould Chuck Gould is offline

Default New Boat Discounts

On Feb 14, 1:49�pm, "JimH" wrote:
"Chuck Gould" wrote in message

ups.com...
On Feb 14, 11:32?am, "Corsair23" wrote:

On Feb 13, 2:06 pm, "blentz" wrote:

Getting ready to purchase a brand spankin' new 34' crusier. $250K
+MSRP. What kind of discount should i be looking for off of MSRP in
order to get a "fair" deal. Not looking to break the bank or the
dealer, i need him to make $$ so that he can fix what ever breaks
under warranty!

thanks in advance,

Bob

Did you get a hard-on bragging about this? Did this statement make
your small penis seem bigger?
Rich ****s like you that spend a quarter million on a boat, make me
sick.Help the poor asswipe....then MAYBE you'll be rewarded after
death. Actually, I hope the ****er sinks as soon as you cast off!
Your probably another ****stain who hides money offshore so he wont
have to pay tax on it, aren't you?
Another economy raping CEO probably.

* * * * * * *Your Worst ****ing Nightmare

Get real.

This is 2007, not the 1950's. Scrimping and saving to spend $250,000
on a boat doesn't put anybody into the "rich ***k" category. Hate to
break it to you, but $250,000 is not much money in this day and age.
2-3 times the price of a luxury car, or about a year's income for a
family with two breadwinners in upper-middle management at decent
jobs.

Spending a year's income on a boat is not ridiculous,..snip

=======================================

The only new boat we purchased was our Chris Craft 210 Scorpion and I only
did so as the dealer was bankrupt and going out of business.........after 3
years of use I sold the boat for more than what I paid for it.

Since then I have never purchased a brand new boat as there are too many
negatives (mainly financial) by doing so, including initial depreciation,
working out the new boat problems, outfitting it, etc, etc, etc. * * There
are far too many 2-4 year old quality boats on the market offering far
better deals for me to again consider buying new.

I understand that there are many folks who need to buy *new* and respect
their decision........in fact I applaud those buying new boats as it
broadens the market for us *used* boat buyers. *;-)

Damn...........it is still snowing..........................- Hide quoted text -

SWMBO keeps remarking that she thinks we'll buy one more boat,
sometime between a few and several years from now, as a "retirement"
boat. We may have owned our current boat for close to 20 years by
then, and if we get more than 20 years out of a boat after retirement
(at a relatively early age) we will need to be in better than average
health to do so. I can only hope.

I'm also a big fan of buying used, but I might be swayed to the new
boat camp for a "final" boat. I would have such a well defined list of
things it must have, and must not have, that it would be tough to find
the right boat used. I could probably swing a good enough "deal" on a
new boat for the whole concept to make as much sense as buying a boat
ever will do, and I wouldn't have to worry about any shortcuts taken
by the previous owner(s).

You are entirely correct about buying boats and then reselling them a
few years later; you will take a much bigger bath on a new one than on
a used one.
The trick with used is to find one where the discount from the new
price isn't going to disappear into repairs deferred by the previous
owner. Once knew a guy who traded in his Honda automobile every 50,000
miles. He *never* did an oil change, tune-up, or anything else except
pump in gas and drive. His reasoning? "I put 50,000 miles on a car in
about 2 1/2 years. A Honda will go at least 50,000 miles no matter how
hard you beat it up, so why waste money
on stuff that doesn't get me any extra use out of the car? I'll let
the next owner worry about what happens to the car after he buys it- I
could care less once it's gone."