Chuck Gould Chuck Gould is offline

Default New Boat Discounts

On Feb 14, 1:47�pm, "RCE" wrote:
"Chuck Gould" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Feb 14, 11:32?am, "Corsair23" wrote:

Condolences to the OP who ventured into rec.boats to meet up with a
hostile response from some guy who needed to make repeated references
to the male
organ. Do stick around, this type of nonsense used to be, but isn't
really any longer commonly encountered here.

"Corsair23" is yet another googlegroups poster. *I realize that use of it
and other web-based forums that
basically grab and re-publish posts from newsgroups are becoming more common
but I can't help but think that newsgroups were of an overall higher quality
before they became popular.

Eisboch

Probably the worst years for rec.boats were back before Google groups
existed. It has everything to do with individual behaviors, and how
those behaviors combine to constitute a group, IMO, and not much to do
with the type of service one uses to access the discussion. We're more
consistently on-topic these days (with the obvious exception of a
couple of posters), but even those who use the group as a blog or a
"myspace" page are a lot less confrontational than what used to be the
norm.

The foul and unwarranted remarks from Corsair would have been just as
inappropriate if they had been posted from a more sophisticated NG
system.