Rosalie B. Rosalie B. is offline

Default Discoveries (was) Flying Pig Damage Assessment and update

"NE Sailboat" wrote:

"While they and the insurance company figure out what to do, the yard
bill clicks along at $500 a week just to sit still on the stands."

That is NUTS! What the hell kind of **** is this?

Call a boat hauler, talk to someone who has a yard ( not boatyard, just a
yard, yard ) and get the boat hauled over to that yard.

If I lived nearby, I would let you use my yard to get that boat back on its
feet.

You really need to get off your A.. and get that boat out of where it is.

This is starting to **** me off.

The Keys, especially in the winter are horribly expensive. They hired
a HS principal for the Marathon HS and he turned the job down because
at the salary they could pay, he couldn't afford housing for his
family. They charge because they can. Key's Boatworks is actually
one of the less expensive ones. It might be cheaper by the month.

In 2003 we paid $18/ft (for the month when you included taxes because
the published rate was $16) for a slip in Marathon which included 2
pumpouts a month and electric was 10 cents/kwh and water was 3 cents a
gallon and there is a minimum monthly charge for both water and
electric. So the basic slip charge was $900 for the month plus water
and electric. And that was 3 years ago.

I can't find out what the costs are in the Marathon Boatyard (in Boot
Key Harbor)

Incidentally, we were going to buy a car (a conch cruiser) but all the
upfront costs (they charge extra if you've not registered a car in
Florida before) added so much to the cost that it was cheaper to rent.
Otherwise, we used bikes. Marathon is pretty flat and easy to ride a
bike in.