Paul Paul is offline

Default Flying Pig Damage Assessment and update

In article , Charlie Morgan
wrote:

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:01:12 -0500, (Paul) wrote:

In article , Charlie Morgan
wrote:

Sorry, but that's just plain ignorance talking. The boat could be

repaired to be
stronger than original. I rarely "repair" anything on a boat without

making it
better than it ever was.

Charlie,

Ignorance I'll always admit to.

But repairing a boat was not the issue.
Restoring your confidence and trust in the boat after a repair like this
was the point.

At what precise moment in time will you be able to declare that it is now
"all fixed" and is "better than it ever was"?
And right up until this magic point in time, how exactly will you feel
about your life on the boat?
Confident and secure, or cautious and worried?
Which way do you want to feel when you sail?
These things would be on my mind if my life was on the line.

We're not talking about fixing a leaky head here. Nor was this the last
good old boat left in the world.
Go find another with a sound hull and get on with enjoying life.
This whole "get back on the horse" bull**** don't cut it when the horse is
stone cold dead.

BTW, do you fix multiple popped bulkheads often ?
I know, you guarantee all work done or my money & life back right. ;-)

Sweet dreams,
Paul

Apparently some of us are more skilled at this type of work than others. :')

When I say I tend to make things better than original, I wasn't making

anything
up. Those here who have some skills and experience in these things will know
that it's not magic to make something better when you rebuild it. You observe
why something failed, and you figure out how to make it better.

CWM

Well hell Charlie, what's yer hourly rate?
I'm bringing all my reef wrecks to you from now on

Nite,
Paul

--

Remove Before Flight