Don W Don W is offline

Default Dream vs reality

Frogwatch wrote:
Skip and Lydia got beat up pretty bad and I hope it doesnt ruin their
dream.

Agreed.

However, the few people I know (3) who did this sorta thing, spending
years building a boat, defferred sailing until she was finished, etc.
sailed a short way and ended their dream.
How does this happen? I call it the "Cruising World" syndrome. The
magazines dont give a real pic of what it is like.

That is for sure.

Most of the
problems are not physical but mental. Days at 4 knots and soon you
are so bored you are talking to jellyfish. Then suddenly you are so
scared you become a jibbering idiot. Then you anchor and you and your
spouse drive each other nuts being so close. Mowing that lawn at your
old place ashore starts to look real good.

Cruising can be wonderful, but it is not for
everybody--thankfully. Otherwise there would be
no anchorages left for us.

Don W.