NE Sailboat NE Sailboat is offline

Default Dream vs reality

Hey Rosalie ,, BBB ... boat .

You got me thinking ??? There should be a reality tv show called "Cruising
Dreams". Get a very disfunctional couple. A few very weird friends, an old
sailboat, have the wicked marina owner, the dock kid with the beautiful body
who is doing the rich lady on the big cruiser ,,

This could be hilarious.

My agent; R Long of the Titanic movie series ... Roger ??? Are you out
there? You are the MAN! Get this going.

The show :: opening scene: Roger standing off to the side speaks into
camera;

There is Tom. He is beyond help. What a dope. Lets take a closer look....

And then the show will start with me messing up my boat.

This is going to be bigger than Ozzy .. no, not that Ozzy .. Ozzy and
Harriet.

HOORAY FOR HOLLYWOOD

Hooray for Hollywood
That screwy, ballyhooey Hollywood!
Where any office boy
Or young mechanic
can be a panic
With just a good-looking pan (pan=face)
And any barmaid
Can be a star maid
If she dances with or without a fan (reference: Sally Rand*)
Hooray for Hollywood!
Where you're terrific
if you're even good!
Where anyone at all from Shirley Temple (child actress)
to Aimee Semple (Aimee Semple McPherson - evangelist)
is equally understood
Come on and try your luck
You could be Donald Duck
Hooray for Hollywood!

=======================

"Rosalie B." wrote in message

However, the few people I know (3) who did this sorta thing, spending
years building a boat, defferred sailing until she was finished, etc.
sailed a short way and ended their dream.
How does this happen? I call it the "Cruising World" syndrome.

YES..... I agree!

snip examples
The one common word I hear in every case
is.................................. DREAM. For some reason people
have lives they want to escape and sail away to paradise. For them a
sailboat is a symbol of freedom, a blissful way of life that can free
you from the shackles of stress, boredom, drudgery, and pressures of
deadlines, bills, screaming kids, or a demanding boss. In other words,
if I buy this thing it will make me feel happy.

I have a violent objection (myself) to talking about "DREAMS" Dreams
are pie in the sky and impractical. If all you do is dream, you
deserve to have your dream broken (IMHO). I don't want to just dream
about something. I want a plan (and I don't mean a schedule).

There are some places where dreams are appropriate. Inventors,
composers writers and artists need to dream. Possibly also
entrepreneurs. Not pilots, or sailors.

I think S&L had a plan. The fact that there was a schedule associated
with it was an unfortunate element in the plan, but at least they were
thinking about how to accomplish what they wanted.
snip