Rosalie B. Rosalie B. is offline

Default Dream vs reality

However, the few people I know (3) who did this sorta thing, spending
years building a boat, defferred sailing until she was finished, etc.
sailed a short way and ended their dream.
How does this happen? I call it the "Cruising World" syndrome.

YES..... I agree!

snip examples
The one common word I hear in every case
is.................................. DREAM. For some reason people
have lives they want to escape and sail away to paradise. For them a
sailboat is a symbol of freedom, a blissful way of life that can free
you from the shackles of stress, boredom, drudgery, and pressures of
deadlines, bills, screaming kids, or a demanding boss. In other words,
if I buy this thing it will make me feel happy.

I have a violent objection (myself) to talking about "DREAMS" Dreams
are pie in the sky and impractical. If all you do is dream, you
deserve to have your dream broken (IMHO). I don't want to just dream
about something. I want a plan (and I don't mean a schedule).

There are some places where dreams are appropriate. Inventors,
composers writers and artists need to dream. Possibly also
entrepreneurs. Not pilots, or sailors.

I think S&L had a plan. The fact that there was a schedule associated
with it was an unfortunate element in the plan, but at least they were
thinking about how to accomplish what they wanted.
snip