Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Anchor Size ,, does size matter.. that's a joke son .. question

plano wrote:
Hi, I've just bought one of these:
http://www.anchorbuddy.co.nz/
It is a bit of a mission to put it on the chain, but it became easier with
experience. First impression is great improvement in holding (in
combination with Danforth) and far less swing. It seemed a good idea as the
extra weight is more effective than additional anchor weight. Anyone else
out there with experience with these over a longer period? In the USA it's
marketed as Kiwi Anchor Rider.
Plano

I sometimes shackle a small dinghy mushroom on the rode and ride it
down. What does the Kiwi do better for $300?

I used to use the dinghy anchor more as a hammerlock on my old boat to
prevent it from "horsing" at anchor. A hammerlock is simply a weight
dropped from the bow on very short scope that slows down the
wanderings. I keep a large shackle with the kit so it also serves as
a kellet.

I have friends that use a kellet a lot; they do it it with a dive belt
on a shackle.