Camilo

Default Fuel saving tips

"Florida Keyz" wrote in message
Slower than what? Planing hulls going slower than planing speed are much
less efficient.

Actually, i am not so sure about that, I have a 44 marine trader with twin

270
hp lemans, I cruise at 9 mph (knots are for sailors with lots of time on

their
hands) and average 1mpg., as do most of the reports I see from the great

loop.
Whats better??

In my quick and dirty testing of my new flow meter this weekend - about 50
miles total in a variety of lake and river conditions - the sweet spot that
maximizes miles per gallon definitely is at planing speed. I'm not sure
exactly where yet, but it didn't even appear to be at slowest planing speed,
but more testing is needed!

The bad news is that I'm not going to get more than 2 mpg and often a little
less, it seems.

Cam