Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Anchor Size ,, does size matter.. that's a joke son .. question

In article ,
Wayne.B wrote:

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 00:38:10 GMT, Jere Lull wrote:

When we used a Danforth, switching from the recommended 6' of 1/4 to 15'
of 3/8 significantly improved the set in the Chesapeake mud/sand. If a
storm piped up, we had a heck of a time hauling it up, but it never
tripped out.

Danforth's have amazing holding power in those conditions. Once set
on decent scope, I've never had one pull out.

I did -- once. That's why we added the heavy chain. Though set, it was
close enough to the surface that a wind shift tripped it out. The extra
chain lets it dive pretty deep.

--
Jere Lull
Xan's NEW Pages: http://web.mac.com/jerelull/iWeb/Xan/