posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Short Wave Sportfishing Short Wave Sportfishing is offline

Default Clean Diesel

Wayne.B wrote:
On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:37:58 GMT, Rich Hampel
wrote:

Diesel fuel tanks in boats should
be cleaned every few years anyway to prevent the release of the biofilm
and particle agglomeration from the tank walls. If you do have such
contamination and dont physically remove (scrub) the particle
deposition from the walls .... a heavy sea state WILL do it for you.
;-)

Good advice for sure Rich, and I know you have professional experience
in this area. You fail to mention however what us poor guys with no
physical access to the tanks are supposed to do.

(still relying on Biobor, heavy sea states, a full case of *large*,
fresh Racors, vacuum guages, parallel filter valves, due diligence,
etc)

I'm looking at another GB down on LI next week.

This one is supposed to be a sportfisher. Did GB
make a sportfisher?