posted to rec.boats.building
R Swarts R Swarts is offline

Default bilge pump as propulsion

Shaun Van Poecke wrote:
i havent priced a 30lb, but off the top of my head, a no name made in china
13lb trolling motor is about AU$200 while a 50lb is about AU$500. add in
battery, wiring etc and i could buy a brand new petrol outboard for those
prices. I think the electric outboards are still really expensive in
australia for what they are. they will probably come down in price in a
year or two but for now i'd feel a bit cheated paying for one.

Shaun

Should also have mentioned that my 30 lb Endura pushes a 14' Hobie at
about 3.5 mph in still water.

BS

That does seem rather high. My 30 lb was $99 and the 50 Lb $130. But
they work really well, appear to be well made, and are very reliable.

BS