posted to rec.boats.electronics
Lynn Coffelt Lynn Coffelt is offline

Default Furuno Radar Problem

What Island was that? I spent a year at Shemya (aka "The Rock")

Ken

That was it. I worked out at the AAFJOG on Shemya for about 8 months in
1966, we were a small detachment from NAVCOMMSTA Adak.

Jack

We sent a reserve crew from Travis to Shemya one weekend in the early
1970's, flying a C-141, carrying rebar for...... what was it? Cobra Dane
maybe?
Anyway, the reserve pilot debriefed back at Travis that he landed, did
an "engine running" offload, and departed without ever seeing the ground.
The snow was blowing sideways in a virtual whiteout, and all he could see
was the tail-lights of the "follow-me" vehicle, and the wands of the
"marshaller"
I heard the debrief.... was it really like that at times?
Old Chief Lynn