posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop Maxprop is offline

Default Who are you going to listen to??

"katy" wrote in message
Scotty wrote:
Did your family have a bomb shelter in the 50s?

Capt SV

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
t...

Popular notions are ALWAYS wrong. If you don't know that,

then you've

haven't studied history and you're to young to have

learned it from

experience. Hardly a century goes by without doomsday

predictions becoming

popular notions. I lived through the global cooling

hysteria of the 70's, so

please spare me the ignorant ranting of the true

believers.

Someday the earth may cool to absolute zero or heat to a

million degrees. I

don't know. All anybody "knows" is what they think the

historical record

shows: that the earth gets really cold and the earth gets

really hot.

The rest is the clucking of hens.

--
jlrogers±³©

My Dad was a CD guy...we had a geiger counter..it was cool!

Kewl. I bought one of those CD Geiger counters, a reconditioned and tested
one, almost new in the box, a while back. Loads of fun, but so far not a
lot of radioactivity around to discover. Guess I'll have to wait until
Ahmadinijad does some atmospheric testing.

Max