Camilo

Default Fuel saving tips

"Harry Krause" wrote

Installing a Standard Horizon fuel flow meter was simple, although to do
it neatly took some time. I know, because I watched the dealer's boat
rigger do it!

Basically, it required one snip of the fuel line between the external
filter and the engine, the insertion of a small flow/sender unit in the
line, the clamping together of the fuel line with the sender it it, the
stringing of a wire to the dash, the drilling of a holw in the dash for
the gauge, and two minutes of panel wiring.

I actually installed a SH fuel flow meter - and it's as easy as he said.
Splice the sender into the fuel line where specified, run cable to gauge at
dash, wire gauge to switched current and ground.

Used FF meter for first time this weekend and really liked it. The SH meter
is digital and has a fuel used as well as a fuel remaining feature (you
program in the beginning fuel amount and it will tell you how much is
remaining as well as an alarm feature). Haven't calibrated it yet, but it
appears to be within 5% or less right out of the box as far as fuel used. I
like it and it has definitely given me a better idea of where the sweet spot
is. Really liked the fuel used feature since I don't have dash gauges for
fuel tanks (which often arent' accurate anyway).

Cam