Camilo

Default Battery Meter

"Ernie" wrote in message
.. .
For you information - Checked with my Merc representative and was given

the
following information regarding a 2003 90HP Merc outboard. With engine
running the battery gauge should reflect a volt reading of 14.5 to 15 and
since mine reads 14.8 I'm right on target.

Excellent Ernie. But remember, it's not a battery gauge when the engine is
running - it's measuring alternator output. So the spec he gave you is for
alternator output, not battery condition. Let's debate the full charge
battery spec again!! (just joking).

Happy boating! I had a great weekend with just a minor issue of an
irritating leak in my aluminum boat. But the engine, alternator and battery
worked extremely well.

Cam